Dark Chocolate Chip Pound CakeFrom sunny 5 years ago
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons butter flavored extract shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch loaf pans. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and butter flavoring. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, and mix well. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into 2 - 9 inch loaf pans. Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over the top and serve.