Four-cheese Stuffed ShellsFrom cheric 9 years ago
- 12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 1 container (15 ounces) low-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp minced dried garlic shopping list
- Dash salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chunky spaghetti sauce, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook shells according to package directions, cooking only 10 to 12 minutes. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on bottom of 8-inch square baking dish. Fill shells with ricotta mixture; place in prepared dish. Spread remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce over shells. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15 to 20 minutes longer or until sauce bubbles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and continue bakign 1 to 2 minutes.
- For a special touch, garnish with fresh basil leaves.