Best Hawaiian MeatloafFrom cookingwithjim 7 years ago
- Ingredients (Loaf) shopping list
- * 1 Large Maui onion - Diced shopping list
- * 1 Cup of diced celery shopping list
- * 2 Lbs of 4% Fat ground beef shopping list
- * 2 Lbs of ground turkey breast shopping list
- * 8 slices of Healthy Choice turkey ham shopping list
- * 1 Can (20 oz) of crushed pineapple in juice (NOT syrup!)- Drained shopping list
- * 2 eggs shopping list
- * 1/2 Cup of soy sauce shopping list
- * 2 Tablespoons of minced ginger shopping list
- * kosher salt and ground pepper - Eye ball it. (Perhaps 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Salt, 1/2 pepper) shopping list
- Ingredients (glaze) shopping list
- * 2 Tbsp of cornstarch shopping list
- * 4 Tbsp of water shopping list
- * juice of 1 orange shopping list
- * orange zest (a few scrapes) shopping list
- * 1/2 Cup of Sherry (because I couldn't find mirin, and Sherry has less sugar) shopping list
- * 1/2 Cup of water shopping list
- * 2 Tbsp of Equal brown sugar shopping list
- * 2 tsp of minced garlic shopping list
- * 2 tsp of minced ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to combine all the ingredients except the ham. This is messy, but fun. Kids love this kind of stuff, at least mine do. Just make sure you get everything mixed together well.
- Pack 1/2 of the mixture in a Large Loaf Pan
- Layer the ham slices over the meat loaf
- Pack on the rest of the meatloaf mixture on top of the ham.
- Put in oven and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes (There's still more to do, keep reading!)
- Directions (Glaze)
- Mix Cornstarch and 4 Tbsp of water in a small bowl and set aside
- Mix all other ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the cornstarch water mixture. Stir until thickened and remove from heat
- Final Prep
- After meatloaf has cooked, remove from oven (keep oven on) and drain off any fat from the pan.
- Apply about 1/2 the glaze to the top of the meat loaf.
- Put meatloaf back in oven for 15 minutes
- Let meat loaf stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and plate
- Spoon on remaining glaze
The Cookcookingwithjim Dothan, AL
The Rating2 people
i am going to serve this and not call it meat loaf till after he says oh gosh that was great let make this again. hes gona love this one.maywest in Tangerine loved it
I love the Hawaiian variation you're doing with your meatloaf - fabulous idea and it looks delicious, too. I'm bookmarking to try - thanks so much! Great and different...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!