Lemon-broiled SablefishFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds of sablefish (aka butterfish) fillets shopping list
- grated peel of one lemon (about 1 1/2 tsp) Use that microplane! shopping list
- juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp of canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- Sauce One: shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tsp of lemon juice shopping list
- dash nutmeg (use that microplane) shopping list
- 1 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 2 tsp of flour shopping list
- Sauce Two: shopping list
- 1 tbsp of capers shopping list
- 2 tbsp of lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp of dill weeed shopping list
- 1/3 cup of sour cream shopping list
- lemon slices shopping list
- minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse fish with cold water; check for bones, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into four equal portions; set aside.
- In glass baking dish, combine remaining ingredients (up to sauce 1 and sauce 2).
- Mix well and layer in the fish in a single layer in the marinade.
- Turn to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour; turning once.
- Coat broiler pan with vegetable spray or oil.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade.
- Broil 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and minced parsley.
- Sauce 1: Melt butter in saucepan and whisk in flour, mix well.
- Mix remaining ingredients and add to butter.
- Cook until thickened. Pour over broiled fish.
- Sauce 2: Mix ingredients and serve over broiled fish.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!