Raisin Rice PuddingFrom gwencampbell 9 years ago
- 6 Tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins ( I like the golden raisins) shopping list
- 3 eggs separated shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- ~~RASPBERRY SAUCE~~ shopping list
- 1 package ( 10 ounces ) frozen raspberries (thawed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup ruby port shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 4 tablespoons sugar with gelatin, nutmeg and salt in a large saucepan.
- Slowly stir in 2 cups milk until smooth.
- Add rice and raisins and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup milk together
- Slowly add some of the hot rice mixture to egg yolk mixture, beating constantly
- Pour this back into the saucepan and mix all well.
- Refrigerate until cool and will mound when dropped from a spoon.
- About 1 1/2 hours.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, add remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
- Fold into cooled rice mixture
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form then fold into rice mixture
- Spoon pudding into 6 cup mold or bowl
- Refrigerate for 6 hours, or until firmly set
- Loosen pudding around edge and invert onto dessert platter
- Serve with Raspberry Sauce
- ~RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Thaw the raspberries and strain juice into small saucepan, reserving raspberries.
- Stir in port, cornstarch, and salt until smooth.
- Heat to boiling stirring constantly, boil one minute
- Cool to room temperature
- Stir in almond extract then fold in reserved raspberried
The Cookgwencampbell Chula Vista, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!