Carrot Cake Sandwich CookiesFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots, (about 3 large carrots) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugars and butter; beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; stir to combine. Gradually add flour to butter mixture; mix on a low speed until just blended. Mix in oats, carrots, and raisins. Chill dough in refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Transfer to oven, and bake until browned and crisped, rotating pan halfway through baking to ensure even color, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat baking process with remaining dough. Once cooled completely, use an offset spatula to spread about 2 teaspoons of cream-cheese filling onto a cookie. Sandwich together with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.