Phils Bourbon Christmas CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter (softened) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup Jack Daniel’s shopping list
- 3 cups chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 cups golden raisins shopping list
- 2 cups dark raisins shopping list
- 2 cups candied orange peel shopping list
- 3-4 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s for soaking shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 3 loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add flour mix to the butter mix alternating with the Jack Daniels.
- Mix at low speed until smooth and well blended.
- Fold in fruit and nuts by hand.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean in the centre.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool for 1 hour.
- Brush whiskey on the cake several times to allow it to soak in.
- Allow to stand 48 hours before serving.