Hawaiian Coconut BarsFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1 .- bottom layer crust; shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 .- FILLING shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoon flour shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates( or 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts) your choice.........me i like the nuts. shopping list
- 3.- frosting shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablesppoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Bottom layer; cream all ingredients; pat into bottom of ungreased 11x7x1-1/2 inch baking pan
- bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. cool.
- FILLING; while bottom layer cools, creameggs,sugar, and vanilla.blend in remaining ingredients.
- pour over baked cooled bottom layer.
- return to 350 degrees oven, and bake for 2o minutes longer....cool
- FROSTING; blend all ingredients thoroughly, spread over filling after it is cooled,
- cut into bars or squares.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
These sounds fantatic. Can't wait to try. I love coconut and this one sounds like it is decadent. Thanks for a great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
OMG!! Really great my friend..So refreshing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it