Hawaiian Coconut BarsFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1 .- bottom layer crust; shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 .- FILLING shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoon flour shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates( or 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts) your choice.........me i like the nuts. shopping list
- 3.- frosting shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablesppoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Bottom layer; cream all ingredients; pat into bottom of ungreased 11x7x1-1/2 inch baking pan
- bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. cool.
- FILLING; while bottom layer cools, creameggs,sugar, and vanilla.blend in remaining ingredients.
- pour over baked cooled bottom layer.
- return to 350 degrees oven, and bake for 2o minutes longer....cool
- FROSTING; blend all ingredients thoroughly, spread over filling after it is cooled,
- cut into bars or squares.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
OMG!! Really great my friend..So refreshing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
These sounds fantatic. Can't wait to try. I love coconut and this one sounds like it is decadent. Thanks for a great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it