Eggplant LatkesFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup matzoh meal* shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn starch shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- A nonstick frying pan with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil shopping list
- *matzoh meal is made from ground matzo, a flat, unleavened bread. You could substitute bread or cracker crumbs. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in the frying pan on a medium high heat.
- Mix eggplant, onion, garlic, matzoh meal, corn starch, egg, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and let stand for 10-15 minutes while the oil gets hot (test by placing a small portion of the batter in the oil - it should sizzle).
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the batter, shape into patties, and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel lined plates.
- Serve hot with sour cream or applesauce.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!