Pork Loin Chops With Cascabel And Grapefruit SauceFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 4 Double Thick pork loin chops shopping list
- 25 dried Cascabel Chiles shopping list
- 3 Cups water shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4 Cups grapefruit juice shopping list
- 1 Cup orange juice shopping list
- 3 Tbls toasted ground allspice shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 4 Tbls olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Remove stems from Chiles. In a heavy skillet, dry toast Chiles 3-4 minutes while shaking pan. Do not allow to blacken. Meanwhile bring the 3 Cups of Water to a boil. Add Chiles to boiling Water. Reduce heat and simmer very low for 20 mins. to rehydrate.
- Allow to cool.
- Taste Chile Water. If not bitter (If it is use plain water.) add the chiles, garlic and 1/2 cup Chile water to a blender. Puree and strain.
- Add Fruit Juices, Allspice and Salt. and mix together.
- Place Pork Chops in the Marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove Pork Chops and bring to room temp. Reserve Marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- In an oven proof skillet over high heat, bring olive oil to almost smoking. Sear Pork Chops until brown. (About 2 Minutes per side.) Remove Chops to a plate and pour off excess fat.
- Add Marinade to the skillet and reduce by 1/2. Add Pork chops and roast in oven for 40 Minutes. Add a little water to the pan if it gets too dry.
- Place chops on plate and drizzle with sauce from pan.
- Serve with Black Beans and Fried Sweet Potatoes.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating2 people
Interesting and delicious-sounding recipe, Jim - I can envision the complexity of the flavors. I'll be trying this out. Thanks!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Wow Jim! This one sounds great! How hot is it? Not that I shy away from heat now, I just like to warn people ahead of time! Thanks for another great one.
Denisegrandmommy in Nashville loved it