Bears Old Fashioned Applesauce CakeFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1/2 c. shortening shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. apple Sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. All-Spice shopping list
- 1 c. Chopped raisins (if desired I like to use craisons Dried cranberrys) shopping list
- 1/2 c. nuts shopping list
- 2 tsp. Soda shopping list
- 1/2 c. boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and add sugar gradually.
- Add beaten egg and apple sauce.
- Sift flour before measuring. Use a little of the same flour to sift over fruit and nuts. Sift remaining flour with salt and spices.
- Dissolve soda in boiling water. Then add flour mixture alternately with the water to the creamed mixture.
- Add the floured raisins and nuts.
- Pour into cake tins or bake in mold, greased and floured.
- Bake for one hour in moderate heat over 350 degrees.