Colonial Raspberry Shrub DrinkFrom pink 5 years ago
- raspberries-Fresh/ 4 quarts shopping list
- vinegar (cider vinegar is best for this)or white vinegar ,if you prefer shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- water or soda water shopping list
- ice shopping list
- Bottles for bottling shopping list
- **Grown Up Option** For Cocktail alternative add dark rum *wink* shopping list
How to make it
- Place raspberries in large agateware kettle or stone jar.
- Cover with vinegar, just enough so that the berries will not float.
- Allow the mixture to stand overnight.
- In the morning squeeze mixture through a cheesecloth.
- For each cup of strained liquid, add 1 cup sugar; boil for 20 minutes. Bottle when cool. Store in cool place.
- To serve, put into a glass as much of the raspberry shrub as you would use of concentrated grape juice; then fill the glass with ice cold water or cracked ice. Then add *Grown Up alternative if you like*....
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpink USA
The Rating6 people
Pink, this is a delightful recipe! So it sounds like more of a syrup to add to...sounds wonderful for the Summer!noir in Boston loved it
I like the grown up version. YUMMY!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it