Citrus Red Miso Ginger Glazed HalibutFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 4 halibut filets approx. 2 inches in thickness or any firm white fish shopping list
- flour for coating shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 1/3 c orange juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c of red miso (Akamiso) shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly salt and pepper halibuts.
- Coat lightly with flour.
- Heat oil in pan and add halibut filets. Cook over medium at 2 minutes per side. Turn only once.
- Shake pan slghtly to avoid sticking.
- Remove and place in foil pan skin side up. Finish cooking in a 350 degrees oven for another 5 to 7 minutes. Check occasionally.
- Add ginger and garlic to pan. Slowly add orange juice and scrap some of the drippings from the pan.
- Add red miso and wisk lightly. Add sugar to disolve and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once sauce thickens, add the green onion.
- Serve on top of fish with rice and salad.