Beef Soup with Root VegetablesFrom donnaja1231 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds beef, boneless round steak shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil, cooking shopping list
- 3 can(s) broth, beef shopping list
- 1 cup(s) water shopping list
- 2 stalk(s) celery shopping list
- 1 large onion(s) shopping list
- 1 medium carrot(s) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon thyme shopping list
- 2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 medium potato(es) shopping list
- 2 medium turnips shopping list
- 1 large potato(es), sweet shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into 3/4-inch cubes. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil until brown.
- 2. Add broth, the water; celery; onion; carrot, dried thyme, if using; Worcestershire sauce; garlic; pepper; and bay leaf.
- 3. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 1/4 hours or until meat is nearly tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in potatoes, turnips, and sweet potato. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender. Stir in fresh thyme, if using. If desired, serve with crackers.
The Cookdonnaja1231 Moffat, CO
The Rating2 people
I love all the root vegetables. This is a keeper you have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it