Jambalaya PastaFrom asheats 5 years ago
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Donman's cajun seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 # penne pasta shopping list
- 3 tbsp evoo shopping list
- 1 # peeled, deveined large shrimp, tails removed shopping list
- 1 # boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 3/4 # andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or green) shopping list
- 1 jalapeño, chopped ( I took the seeds out, but leave them in for more heat) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (this really makes the recipe great) shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- * check out DonMan's profile for his seasoning recipe, and while your there, check out all of his other great recipes!! shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta like normal (duh!) hehe
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water
- Season the shrimp and chicken with 2 tsp each of Donman’s seasoning and 1/8 tsp salt
- Set a deep sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp evoo. Swirl to evenly coat the pan.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side, remove and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of evoo to the skillet and add the chicken, cook for 2-3 minutes per side, remove and set aside with the shrimp.
- Add the remaining tbsp of evoo and add to the skillet the sausage, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to pick up the brown bits on the bottom.
- Add the diced tomatoes, thyme, 1 tbsp of DonMan’s seasoning, a pinch of salt, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and chicken to the pan, as well as the cooked pasta and reserved pasta cooking liquid.
- Continue cooking for about another 3 minutes till the shrimp and chicken are cooked and heated through.
- Remove from heat and top with basil and parmesan cheese, toss to coat while hot.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookasheats BIG BEAR LAKE, CA
The Rating5 people
Sounds really good. And thanks for the plug on my seasoning mix :)donman in Hammond loved it
Yes indeed.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Made this for my Filipino wife and friends last night and it turned out fantastic on my first try. I enjoy this entree frequently at ByTh'Bucket in Cupertino (CA) and this version is every bit as good. (I left out the jalepenos). Don't skip the cream...moreVisayanVisitor in loved it