Rainbow CakeFrom ambus 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 180 C.Grease a 9" inch round cake tin,line base with greaseproof paper.Grease paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a tme and continue beating until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla and beat again to mix.
- Gradually add flour to the butter mixture.
- Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and color three portion with the food
- Spoon a tablespoon of plain mixture into the centre of cake tin.Then
- spoon a tablespoon of pink mixture on it,then yellow,then
- Repeat until you are done with batter(The last layer should be plain).Try to consistent with every color.
- Bake on 180 C for 45-50 minutes or till cake is done.
- Turn cake on wire rack and leave to cool before cutting.
- Spread your favorite frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle colored sugars on top to make rainbow design.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating6 people
It's a simple cake . But the picture alone is a WOW ! So , I'm rating 5 !!cholena in Food World loved it
You so sweet as your cake... Thanks my dear... I love your new recipe! My daughter will love to prepare it...berry in Winter Park loved it
Hi, Ambus, this is a good idea, I make a lemon pound cake of 4 colors but I bake separately each color, your recipe is more practical! thanks!
magali777 in Mexico loved it