Roasted Onion and Pine Nut DipFrom waterlily 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel onions, cut in half and arrange on a baking pan. I'm actually very unsure of the quantity of oil used here. I keep some oil in one of those handy devices that you pump up yourself so it sprays -- in any case, just lightly cover the onions with olive oil and sprinkle with ras el hanout. Toss to get them all coated.
- Put in the oven and roast onions until soft and brown in color, about 45 minutes but check..
- Remove the onions and now-spicy oil from the pan. Place in a food processor or blender, add the pine nuts and honey.
- Process until a somewhat lumpy paste is formed.
- Taste for seasoning, add more honey or salt to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
The Rating4 people
Ras El Hanout Spice Blend is a good all around spice. Great with Pita Chips too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds gorgeous and right up my alley. Thanks GF :)danadooley in Singapore loved it
very good...I really love so many of your recipes..greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!