Cheese RiceFrom smooch 8 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 1 cups Arborio or other short-grain rice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into julienne, or carrots or peas shopping list
- 1/3 pound fontina val d'Aosta or other good semisoft cow's milk cheese, cut into small pieces shopping list
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt as you would to cook pasta. Add the rice in a steady stream and stir. When the water returns to a boil, lower the heat and simmer the rice until it is tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Put the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold the rice and turn the heat to medium. When the butter melts, add the zucchini and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir. Add the cheese and stir until melted, then add the Parmesan, stir again, and serve.
The Cooksmooch America
The Rating4 people
Sounds mighty good to me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Like it!shuga in United States loved it
*wink* the cheeseiest!pink in USA loved it