Cheese RiceFrom smooch 7 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 1 cups Arborio or other short-grain rice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into julienne, or carrots or peas shopping list
- 1/3 pound fontina val d'Aosta or other good semisoft cow's milk cheese, cut into small pieces shopping list
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, or more to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt as you would to cook pasta. Add the rice in a steady stream and stir. When the water returns to a boil, lower the heat and simmer the rice until it is tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Put the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold the rice and turn the heat to medium. When the butter melts, add the zucchini and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir. Add the cheese and stir until melted, then add the Parmesan, stir again, and serve.
The Cooksmooch America
The Rating4 people
*wink* the cheeseiest!pink in USA loved it
Like it!shuga in United States loved it
Sounds mighty good to me!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it