Beef Curry Korokke or Potato CroquetteFrom httpmom 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb. ground meat, or nice beef shopping list
- 2 cups mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped thin shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped thin shopping list
- 1/2 egg, beaten (to mix with the potato) shopping list
- 2-6 teaspoon curry powder (optional) shopping list
- salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups panko crumbs shopping list
- enough canola oil for deep-frying shopping list
- Tonkatsu (Goma brand is made in Japan) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Saute until the onion is tender. Add the garlic and carrots at the last.
- Add the ground meat, salt, pepper, nutmeg and curry powder, then saute about 3 minutes until crumbled.
- Thoroughly mix the potatoes and the meat in a large bowl.
- Divide the potato mixture into eight parts, and shape each portion into a 1/2-inch thick ellipse or circle.
- Dredge each portion in the flour and pat off the excess flour.
- Dip them into the egg and then into the bread crumbs on a plate.
- Deep-fry them at 350F for about 6 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Serve with Tonkatsu sauce on top.