Ole Miss Black-eyed Pea And Sausage CornbreadFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1/2 POUND pork bulk sausage shopping list
- 1 small onion, CHOPPED shopping list
- 2 CUOS white cornmeal shopping list
- 1 CUP ALL- PURPOSE flour shopping list
- 1- TEASPOON salt shopping list
- 1/2 -TEASPOON FRESHLY ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 - TEASPOON baking soda shopping list
- 1 CUP OF buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 CUP vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 LARGE eggs shopping list
- 1 CUP GRATED SHARP - cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 - 15 OUNCE CAN black-eyed peas , DRAINED shopping list
- 1/2 CUP CHOPPED GREEN CHILES- CANNED shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES F.
- GREASE A LARGE BAKING DISH OR PAN WITH BUTTER AND SET ASIDE.
- IN A SKILLET, BREAK UP THE SAUSAGE, ADD THE ONION, AND COOK OVER MODERATE HEAT, STIRRING , UNTIL THE MEAT IS BROWNED, ABOUT 10 MINUTES.
- DRAIN THE SAUSAGE AND ONION ON PAPER TOWELS.
- IN A LARGE MIXING BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER THE CORN MEAL,FLOUR, SALT,PEPPER, AND BAKING SODA.
- IN ANOTHER BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER THE BUTTERNILK, OIL AND EGGS, ADD TO THE DRY MIXTURE, AND STIR JUST UNTIL THE DRY MIXTURE IS MOISTENED, ( DONT OVER MIX; THE BATTER SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY LUMPY)
- ADD THE CHEESE, BLACK-EYED PEAS,ANDTHE CHILES AND STIR TILL THE MIXTURE IS WELL BLENDED.
- SCRAPE THE BATTER INTO THE PREPARED BAKING DISH, AND BAKE UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN
- ABOUT 40 TO 50 MINUTES ALLOW TO COOL 10 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING..................
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
Great "5" fork recipe and I've never seen anything like it. Wow Mini... I've been bookmarking a lot of your recipes. Thank you!lor in Toronto loved it
This sounds great!jencathen in loved it
The directions left out adding the sausage. Mine was dry, bland amd the peas were hardened. Used extra buttermilk to get a batter rather than having a dough-like consistency. Will try jalapenos. Any other suggestions about fixing the problems?talkinannie in loved it