Make Ahead Breakfast CasseroleFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cook sausage in a skillet until browned (crumble ground sausage if that's what you use). Drain.
- Use the drippings from the sausage to oil a medium to large rectangular Pyrex casserole dish or a tall, round casserole dish
- Line the bottom of the dish with the cubed bread
- Top bread with sausage and cheese
- Mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Beat well until foamy and light
- Pour over sausage, cheese and bread cubes
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 12 hours)
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake casserole for 30 min or until casserole is set (firm when you touch the top)
- Cut into squares and serve
- Goes very nicely with pancakes or crepes on the side and even tastes good with maple syrup on top!
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
I love this casserole and it is going to come in super handy this weekend when I am going to have a house of peeps visiting. You rock, Kath - you're being printed and added to my plans. ;-) Yayyy!lunasea in Orlando loved it
great for busy mums....thanks for sharingmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I like he sound of this one. I will try on Sunday morn when all the kids are here.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!