A Dang Spinach QuesadillaFrom njmikey 9 years ago
- Medium white onion Sliced/Chopped shopping list
- Package of frozen spinach shopping list
- 1lb of chicken cutlet shopping list
- butter shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tortillas shopping list
- adobo seasoning shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat until pan is evenly warmed. While you are waiting for the pan to heat, generously coat chicken cutlets with adobo seasoning and cook spinach in the microwave according to package. Wash your hands. Take the other half of the onion you used for the guacamole and slice.
- Add 1/4 stick of butter and 1 tspb of butter to pan, increase heat to medium high / high depending on your comfort level cooking at high temperatures
- Add sliced onions to the pan and sautee until soft and slightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chicken to pan and sautee each side for roughly 2 minutes. The timing on the chicken will differ due to differences in heat and thickness. The chicken should feel firm to the touch. An easy way of checking the chicken is to pull one piece out and cut it in half. The chicken should be completely white and moist but with no pink showing. If this is the case remove all chicken from the pan and slice.
- Remove any excess grease from the pan leaving just a little bit to brown the tortillas. Lower the heat to medium. Place one tortilla in pan. Add spinach from the microwave, sliced chicken, onions, and cheese on top of the Tortilla. Add another tortilla on top to cover ingredients. The amount of chicken, spinach, cheese and onions you use is completely up to you. You could easily make two whole quesidillas or one really big one depending on your time and hunger.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown on the outside and cheese has started to melt. Carefully flip, and repeat for the other side. Remove from pan, and cut into eight pieces.