Sauteed Spinach with Pecans and FetaFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3(6oz) bags baby spinach(about 16 cups) shopping list
- 1/4c water shopping list
- 2Tbs extra virgin olive oil,plus 2 tsp. for drizzling shopping list
- 3 large shallots,slice thin crosswise(about1 cup) shopping list
- table salt shopping list
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/3c chopped pecans(toasted) shopping list
- 11/2oz. feta cheese,crumbled(about 1/4c) shopping list
How to make it
- Place spinach and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. cover bowl with large microwave-safe dinner plate(plate should completely cover bowl and not rest on spinach.. Microwave on high power until spinach is wilted and decreased in volume by half,3-4 mins. Using potholders,remove bowl from the microwave and keep covered for 1 min. Carefully remove plate and transfer spinach to a colander set in the sink.. Using back of rubber spatula,gently press spinach against colender to release excess liquid. transfer spinach to cutting board and rough chop. Return to colander and press a second time.
- Heat 2 Tbs. oil and shallots in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Cook,stirring constantly,until shallots are golden brown,3-5 mins. Add spinach to skillet,using tongs to stir and coat with oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and continue stirring with tongs until spinach is uniformly wilted and glossy green,about 2 mins.. Sprinkle with vinegar and pecans;stir to combine. Drizzle with remaining 2 tsp. oil and sprinkle with feta. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
Another winner- you are really raising the bar for us mere mortals..:-) Got my 5!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Pleclare, I love baby spinach and feta cheese the caramelized shallots put this over the top , I might stuff into fresh home made pizza dough and turn it into a calzone.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!