Alton Browns Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 8 ounces unsalted butter shopping list
- 11 ounces brown rice flour, approximately 2 cups shopping list
- 1 1/4 ounces cornstarch, approximately 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1/2 ounce tapioca flour, approximately 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 ounces sugar, approximately 1/4 cups shopping list
- 10 ounces light brown sugar, approximately 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- 1 whole egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (I use skim) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli double dark chocolate chips) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add both of the sugars to the bowl with the butter and using the paddle attachment, cream together on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the whole egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator until firm, approximately 1 hour. Shape the dough into 2-ounce balls (I use a scoop) and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the pans after 7 minutes for even baking. Remove from oven and cool on the pans for 2 minutes. Move the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
Amazing cookies! I had to go dairy free, so replaced butter with lactose free margarine and chips were dairy free. Worked out great(I froze cookies to take as at work treats and they didn't dissapoint).lulu123 in hamilton loved it