Chicken TingaFrom crabhappychick 9 years ago
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock (reserved after poaching chicken) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 plum tomatoes shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 can chipotle chile canned in adobo (7 oz. can) shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in pot, cover with water, add salt. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer chicken until done. Remove chicken when done and cool slightly. Reserve 2 cups of stock.
- Add oil to large frying pan and cook onion until translucent. While onion is cooking, puree tomatoes, garlic salt, tomato paste, boullion, chipotle peppers and reserved stock in food processor.
- When the onions are ready, add tomato mixture to pan.
- Process chicken roughly in food process (small batches) - don't clean processor after doing tomato mixture as chicken will pick up all that good sauce. Chicken should look shredded, not minced. Add to sauce in skillet.
- Simmer chicken in sauce until liquid has just evaporated. It should be moist, but not soupy.