Bennigans Onion Soup -CopycatFrom dottiet 6 years ago
- 1/2 Pound Firm white onions -- sliced shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons corn oil shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 Quart chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Quart beef broth shopping list
- 8 French bread Slices shopping list
- swiss cheese -- shredded shopping list
- Parmesan -- grated shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not well browned.
- When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with flour, stirring vigorously.
- Pour into Dutch oven and stir in broths. Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 oven-proof bowls.
- Float a slice of bread atop each serving. Mix equal parts of cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread.
- Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat and broil until cheese melts.
- Serve at once.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookdottiet Woodward, OK
The Rating2 people
Bennigans Onion Soup -copycat a great recipe whatever the name is.
Thank you Dottie
Michaeltrigger in loved it