Frog Eye SaladFrom chef2 5 years ago
- . shopping list
- Frog's Eye Salad shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in its own juice, undrained shopping list
- 2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) Acine di Pepe pasta, uncooked shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed and divided shopping list
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- maraschino cherries (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, flour and salt.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice to equal 1 cup. With whisk, gradually stir juice and egg into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in lemon juice. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- In large bowl, stir together pineapple juice mixture and pasta. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Add crushed pineapple and chunks, oranges, 2 cups whipped topping, marshmallows and coconut; mix gently and thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate until cold.
- Top with remaining whipped topping; garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Makes 12 servings.