Worlds Greatest French ToastFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cranberries shopping list
- 3 tart apples peeled cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 loaf French bread cut into 1” slices shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a rectangular baking dish.
- Add cranberries and apples and toss to coat well.
- Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish then arranges slices of bread on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and 2 teaspoons cinnamon until well blended then pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake covered with foil in a preheated 375 oven for 40 minutes then uncover and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven then let stand 5 minutes and serve warm.