Southern Cathead BiscuitsFrom wdsdy 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir well.
- Cut in 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle buttermilk evenly over flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead 10 to 12 times.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls, and press with knuckles.
- Place biscuits on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Continue baking an additional 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Yield: About 1 dozen.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookwdsdy GA
The Rating5 people
I have never mastered the art of making homemade biscuits but these sound delicious. My daddy always called a big home made biscuit a cat's head when I was a little girl. :o)
gemtnacndn in Jasper loved it
I heard that the name came from how big these biscuits are....the size of a cat's head? Is that right? They are good too! jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
You are definately my kind of cook...Southern! These are absolutely wonderful, thanks for the post. I love your avitarredkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!