Turkey-Mushroom BurgersFrom elisabizter 5 years ago
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed, torn into pieces shopping list
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, wiped clean shopping list
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup scallion-Lemon mayonnaise (recipe follows), optional shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast (see Ingredient note) shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 6 whole-wheat buns (optional) shopping list
- lettuce leaves & tomato slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl. Pulse mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and the mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add to the breadcrumbs and let cool completely, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Scallion-Lemon Mayonnaise, if using.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Add ground turkey, egg, dill, mustard, salt and pepper to the mushroom mixture; mix well with a potato masher. With dampened hands, form the mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
- Oil the grill rack. Brush the patties with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Grill until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 165°F.)
- Meanwhile, split buns and toast on the grill for 30 to 60 seconds, if using. Serve burgers on buns, garnished with lettuce, tomato and Scallion-Lemon Mayonnaise, if desired.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving (without buns or garnishes): 193 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 95 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 385 mg potassium.
- TIP: Ingredient Note: Lean ground turkey breast has 110 calories and 1 gram fat per 3-ounce serving, compared to 193 calories and 11 grams fat in regular ground turkey (which may include leg meat and skin)
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare through Step 5. Wrap individually and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
The Cookelisabizter Fountain Valley, CA
The Rating3 people
This is almost like a meatloaf I've made, only I use shiitake mushrooms. I love this recipe! thanks so much.invisiblechef in loved it
Turkey burgers are always welcome here. We very seldom eat beef. These sound goooood!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I love this brilliant recipe! thank you for sharing. 55555555555555555555555555555555 (lots of fives for healthy/yum~~am trying to change my brain)ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it