Turkey-Mushroom BurgersFrom elisabizter 5 years ago
- 2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed, torn into pieces shopping list
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, wiped clean shopping list
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup scallion-Lemon mayonnaise (recipe follows), optional shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast (see Ingredient note) shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 6 whole-wheat buns (optional) shopping list
- lettuce leaves & tomato slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl. Pulse mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and the mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Add to the breadcrumbs and let cool completely, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Scallion-Lemon Mayonnaise, if using.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Add ground turkey, egg, dill, mustard, salt and pepper to the mushroom mixture; mix well with a potato masher. With dampened hands, form the mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties, using about 1/2 cup for each.
- Oil the grill rack. Brush the patties with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Grill until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 165°F.)
- Meanwhile, split buns and toast on the grill for 30 to 60 seconds, if using. Serve burgers on buns, garnished with lettuce, tomato and Scallion-Lemon Mayonnaise, if desired.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving (without buns or garnishes): 193 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 95 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrate; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 418 mg sodium; 385 mg potassium.
- TIP: Ingredient Note: Lean ground turkey breast has 110 calories and 1 gram fat per 3-ounce serving, compared to 193 calories and 11 grams fat in regular ground turkey (which may include leg meat and skin)
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare through Step 5. Wrap individually and refrigerate for up to 8 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking.
The Cookelisabizter Fountain Valley, CA
The Rating3 people
I love this brilliant recipe! thank you for sharing. 55555555555555555555555555555555 (lots of fives for healthy/yum~~am trying to change my brain)ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
Turkey burgers are always welcome here. We very seldom eat beef. These sound goooood!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
This is almost like a meatloaf I've made, only I use shiitake mushrooms. I love this recipe! thanks so much.invisiblechef in loved it