Grapefruit Chicken And Pistachio SaladFrom theresal 8 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 grapefruits, peeled, segmented and seeded shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves shopping list
- paprika for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow pan over medium-high heat, combine the wine, water, vinegar, 1 tsp. of the salt and the peppercorns. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, cover and poach until just opaque, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Cut the grapefruit segments in half crosswise. In a bowl, combine the chicken, grapefruit and half of the pistachios. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro, lime juice, the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and the ground pepper and mix well.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 salad plates. Fill each leaf with chicken salad, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with the remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.
The Cooktheresal Littleton, CO
The Rating3 people
Sound and looks, delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Love the pistachio nut and grapefruit combo. I adore grapefruit and this was a special treat. Made a very good lunch. I left out the cilantro-hubby can't abide the stuff. Very nice method in poaching the chicken boobs, by the way.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yummmm this sounds great. I also like the wine poached chicken idea... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!