Grapefruit Chicken And Pistachio SaladFrom theresal 8 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 grapefruits, peeled, segmented and seeded shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves shopping list
- paprika for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow pan over medium-high heat, combine the wine, water, vinegar, 1 tsp. of the salt and the peppercorns. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken, cover and poach until just opaque, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into cubes.
- Cut the grapefruit segments in half crosswise. In a bowl, combine the chicken, grapefruit and half of the pistachios. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro, lime juice, the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and the ground pepper and mix well.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 salad plates. Fill each leaf with chicken salad, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with the remaining pistachios. Serve immediately.
The Cooktheresal Littleton, CO
The Rating3 people
Yummmm this sounds great. I also like the wine poached chicken idea... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Love the pistachio nut and grapefruit combo. I adore grapefruit and this was a special treat. Made a very good lunch. I left out the cilantro-hubby can't abide the stuff. Very nice method in poaching the chicken boobs, by the way.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sound and looks, delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!