Chocolate Chip Or Oreo Cheese BallFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 stick butter, room temp (do not substitute) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips (or shaved chocolate pieces) shopping list
- OR, 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (NOTE- I omit the nuts when I use Oreos) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (to toast pecans, place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until pecans begin to brown slightly...cool completely) shopping list
- Mini vanilla wafers shopping list
- chocolate graham cracker Stix shopping list
- cinnamon Teddy Grahams shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter and extract.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, brown sugar and chips; blend together well.
- Form into a ball (or whatever shape you want to"create") - if shaping it into a ball, roll ball in chopped pecans. If creating a shaped dip, just sprinkle the top with the pecans, or omit pecans, if desired.
- Cover dip and chill several hours or overnight.
- Serve dip surrounded by "sweet" dippers, such as vanilla wafers, graham stix (the chocolate ones are great with this), or teddy grahams...use whatever sweet treat you think would go well with the flavor of the sweet cheeseball.
- VARIATIONS: This recipe lends itself well to lots of variations - change the cookie type (crushed Girl Scout Thin Mints - doesn't that sound good?), change what you roll the cheese ball in (graham cracker crumbs, coconut, chocolate chips (or any flavor you want to experiment with) other types of nuts, are just a few suggestions. I've listed my 2 favorites so far - mini chocolate chips or Oreo cookies - but there are so many more I want to try. This is a good recipe to "let your imagination run wild"!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Oh Krumkake! You tease, you! This sounds like something that is too good not to make! I love that you mention shaping the cheeseballs as these would make gifts for any holiday! Love it, love it! Gonna make it! Thank you for another wonderful and swee...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
yummy!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Can't wait to fix this the next time my youngest son and his family come home! Choc chip cheese cake is his favorite, so he's gonna love this!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!