Ground Sesame Seed DipFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup hulled sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- bitter herbs (such as arugula, chicory, dandelion, shopping list
- endive, sorrel, or watercress), washed and dried, shopping list
- or Unleavened Griddle bread shopping list
How to make it
- Toast the sesame seeds 1/4 cup at a time. Immediately after the seeds are toasted, grind them into a paste using a mortar and pestle, electric spice grinder, or grain mill. Transfer the paste to a small serving bowl, and mix with the water. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and garlic, and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve at room temperature with the bitter herbs or bread for dipping.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Sounds like this might work well with veggies too,
or maybe Spring Rolls, I will give it a go.
Thank you again Joymarie for the history too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
sounds interesting thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mystic, thank you for the great recipe! I can't wait to try this. Have a great holiday!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it