Anise Seed BiscottiFrom chihuahua 8 years ago
- 1 cube butter shopping list
- 1 Tbs. shortening shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 4 1/2 Cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. anise seed shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Cup blanched almonds or walnuts chopped or both shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter, shortening, eggs and sugar.
- Add anise seeds, vanilla and nuts.
- Starting with flour, add sifted flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk.
- Make 2 long rolls about two inches wide.
- Put on floured board and work dough lightly with a little additional flour.
- Bake rolls on cookie sheet about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When slightly brown, remove from oven and cut each roll diagonally about 3/4-inch wide. Turn each cookie on side and toast each side in oven about five more minutes until brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!