Chocolate Praline Peanut Butter PieFrom dalamy 6 years ago
- FILLING shopping list
- 3 ounces cook & serve jell-o vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 12 ounces evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup reese's peanut butter chips shopping list
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 4-8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed shopping list
- CRUST shopping list
- 24 Nutter butter sandwich cookies, crushed shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- GANACHE shopping list
- 5 ounces hershey's Symphony candy bar, broken into rectangle pieces (Creamy milk chocolate with almonds & Toffee chips) shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk pudding mix and milk together in saucepan until smooth. Cook until mixture comes to a full boil and thickens. Stir in peanut butter, peanut butter chips and white chocolate until melted. Pour pudding mixture into a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on surface. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix thoroughly. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 10 inch pie plate. Use your fingers of both hands to squeeze, press, and pinch the crumbs all along the sides of the crust. Put a lot of pressure to get the crust nicely compacted. For the bottom, use a flat bottom cup or glass to compact your crumbs. Push down quite hard to make sure the crust is really compacted. Then go around the sides one more time. Refrigerate while making ganache.
- Place chocolate and whipping cream in a small bowl. Microwave and stir on 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Pour the melted chocolate mixture through a colander with small holes resting over a bowl to separate the chunky nut and toffee ganache from the smooth ganache. Spoon the chunky ganache (about half of the total ganache) from inside the colander evenly over piecrust. Refrigerate while folding filling.
- Spoon the strained smooth ganache (about half of the total ganache) that is remaining in the bowl into a small plastic bag to be used later for the garnish.
- Stir chilled pudding mixture to soften and fold in Cool Whip (use 4 ounces for a dense consistency or 8 ounces for a light and fluffy consistency). The pudding mixture may be thick, but keep folding until it is well combined. Carefully spread over praline layer in crust.
- Make sure ganache is still pliable, otherwise hold the bag under running hot water and dry the outside of the bag (be careful not to get water in the ganache or the chocolate will seize and become hard). Snip small corner of plastic bag and drizzle the smooth ganache over peanut butter filling in a zig zag pattern. For a decorative effect, run a knife through ganache, in opposite directions.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The Cookdalamy Maineville, OH
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!