Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Red Wine and PistachiosFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin cut in 8 ounce filets shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or corn oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill.
- In large saucepan combine stock, wine, 3 tablespoons garlic, shallots and 1/4 cup parsley.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat then cook until reduced about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth then strain through a fine sieve into another saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper then stir in remaining parsley and reduce heat to low.
- Combine remaining garlic, pistachios, sunflower seeds and 2 tablespoons of the red wine sauce.
- Mix well then rub surface of the steaks with the oil.
- Grill steaks until well seared on the surface about 5 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until you reach desired doneness.
- Brush tops of steaks with a small amount of red wine sauce.
- Press steaks top side down into the pistachio mixture coating surface well.
- Position steaks on serving plates then spoon remaining sauce around them
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.