Sweet Potato Custard PieFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 2 small sweet potatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 1 can (5-oz.) evaporated milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pure almond extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9") shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and peel, place in a large mixing bowl and mash.
- Add marshmallow creme and butter beat until smooth.
- Add extracts, milk and eggs, mix well.
- Combine the sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg, gradually beat into potato mixture until well blended.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped topping