White ChiliFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 3 cups onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced shopping list
- 8 ounces chopped green chiles, 2 cans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cumin, or more to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth, canned shopping list
- 40 ounces cannelini beans, drained shopping list
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast halves, shredded shopping list
- 1 can corn, DelMonte Summer Fresh - keeps the crunch! shopping list
How to make it
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in oil until onion is soft.
- Add jalapenos, chiles, cumin, oregano, ancho chile powder and salt. Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, beans and chicken. Bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in corn and continue heating another 15 minutes.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar.
- NOTE: You can use leftover turkey for this...yum!
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
I love white chili. I must have missed this when you posted it. This recipe sounds like a great combo. Thanks for sharing... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
to be honest i dont have it and have never tasted it ive heard of but just never tried it......so heres a first rightminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it