Pork Fried RiceFrom tippystclair 9 years ago
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (3 ounces) shopping list
- 3 cups cold-cooked regular or long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork* shopping list
- 2 medium green spring onions, sliced (2 tbsp) shopping list
- ¼ cup carrot, grated or sliced thinly with potato peeler shopping list
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- Dash of white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse bean sprouts with cold water; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in 10-inch skillet or wok over medium heat; rotate skillet until oil covers bottom. Cook mushrooms in oil about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until coated.
- Add bean sprouts, rice, pork, carrot and onions. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring and breaking up rice, until hot.
- Move rice mixture to sides of skillet. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to center of skillet. Cook eggs in oil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Stir eggs into rice mixture. Stir in soy sauce and white pepper.
- *This recipe can also be made with cubed chicken, beef, shrimp, tofu or can be meat free.