Tart Shell Dough or Sables CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- ¾ cup + 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 4 1/3 cups pastry flour shopping list
- 1/8 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- Assorted decorations (pine nuts, almonds, cashew clusters, etc), optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together sugar, salt and shortening until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, beat well.
- Combine flour and baking powder, gently mix in alternately with the milk to form a smooth mixture.Work dough into a disc on a lightly floured surface.
- Wrap in plastic and chill at least 24 hours. Alternately freeze up to 6 months.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 400F and place cookies on an ungreased sheet. Decorate as desired and bake 8-10 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
You've done it again! 5 from me! My friends will have a new treat. Thanx!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Copy Cat Recipes370 members