Cozy Little Cottage Cheese CakeFrom jett2whit 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 egg separated shopping list
- 1 package unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup milk, divided in half shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons whipped cream shopping list
- graham cracker crust shopping list
How to make it
- Put cottage cheese and half of the milk in blender and blend until smooth.
- Put egg yolk in the top of a double boiler and beat well
- Add remaining milk, gelatin and salt
- Cook, stirring over boiling water for 10 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar
- Let it cool
- Add cottage cheese/milk mixture, lemon juice and vanilla
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until the mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon
- Beat the egg white until it stiffens
- Fold the egg white and whipped cream together into the mixture
- Pour into a graham cracker crust and let chill for about an hour.
- Cozy yet?