Vietnamese Grilled SteakFrom juliecake 7 years ago
- 1 stalk lemongrass, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 T sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t pepper shopping list
- 2 T fish sauce or soy sauce shopping list
- 1 T lime juice shopping list
- 1 T oil shopping list
- 1 10oz beef sirloin strip steak (1 - 1 1/4" thick) shopping list
- cilantro sprigs (garnish) shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse lemongrass, garlic, sugar and pepper in food processor until minced. Add fish sauce, lime juice and oil, process until almost pureed. Reserve 1 T for basting. Pour remainng mainade into resealable plastic bag. Add steak; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Heat grill. Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade. Oil grill grate. Grill steak, covered, over medium-high heat or coals 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning and brushing cooked side with reserved mainade halfway through cooking.
- Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing. Garnish with cilantro, serve with lime wedges.
- cooking pleasures magazine
The Cookjuliecake Bluffdale, UT
The Rating6 people
Classic combination, great post!kidaria in BC loved it
Sounds wonderful.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Oooo, this sounds good. Bet beef ribs would be good done like this, too! Great flavor combination!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it