White LasagnaFrom omrebel 8 years ago
- For Sauce: shopping list
- 1 stick butter, unsalted shopping list
- ½ cup plain flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- For chicken Filling: shopping list
- 1 t dried oregano shopping list
- 1 T garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 t dried rosemary shopping list
- 2 T dry white wine shopping list
- ½ t dried marjoram shopping list
- 1 T hot sauce shopping list
- ½ t dried thyme shopping list
- 15 oz ricotta, whole milk shopping list
- ½ lb white mushrooms shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¾ lb fresh spinach shopping list
- 1 ½ t dried basil shopping list
- 2 ½ lbs chicken breasts, boneless shopping list
- 15 sheets dry, no-boil lasagne pasta shopping list
- 3 T butter, unsalted shopping list
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Sauce:
- In a saucepan, melt butter over moderately low heat.
- Stir in flour and cook roux, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add milk in a stream and bring mixture to a boil, whisking until thick and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer sauce over low heat, whisking occasionally, 10-12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl and cover.
- Make the Filling:
- Into a small bowl crumble oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and thyme.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Discard coarse stems from spinach and coarsely chop.
- Cut chicken into ½ inch strips.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over moderate heat and cook chicken, 1 ½ t garlic, and half of the herb mixture, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Transfer chicken with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add wine to the skillet and bring mixture to a boil, stirring.
- Add mushrooms and spinach and cook, covered, until spinach is wilted.
- Add remaining 1 ½ t garlic, remaining herb mixture, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until liquid given off by mushrooms is evaporated.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to chicken and stir until combined well.
- Reserving 1 cup sauce, add remaining sauce with salt and pepper to taste to chicken mixture and stir until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk together ricotta, egg, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour ½ cup reserved sauce into baking dish (sauce will not completely cover the bottom) and cover with 3 pasta sheets making sure they do not touch each other.
- Spread half the chicken mixture over pasta and top with another 3 sheets of pasta.
- Spread half of ricotta mixture over pasta and top with another 3 pasta sheets.
- Continue layering in same manner with remaining chicken mixture, pasta, and ricotta, ending with pasta.
- Spread remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake lasagna in middle of oven for 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Lasagne may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Also freezes well prior to baking.
The Cookomrebel Memphis, TN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!