Tarascan Spicy Bean SoupFrom jimrug1 7 years ago
- 1/2 lb dried dark red kidney beans (About 1 1/4 Cups) Soaked Overnight. shopping list
- 2 sprigs Epazote finely chopped (Optional) shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 2 Tsps toasted oregano shopping list
- 1 Med white onion Sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb roma tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cloves roasted garlic shopping list
- 3 Tbls chipotle chiles in adobo Sauce Pureed shopping list
- 2 Pasilla de Oaxaca Chiles Stemmed (Anchos or Mulatos work well) shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese cut into 4 slices. shopping list
How to make it
- Place Beans in a saucepan with Epazote(If Using) Oregano and salt. Add enough water to cover. Cover pan, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until soft. (About 1 1/2 hours) Add more water if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Tomatoes in half lenthwise and remove seeds. Toss Tomatoes and Onion in Olive Oil, spread on a sheet pan and roast 45 mins.
- Transfer Tomatoes and Onions to a blender, add cooked beans Garlic, Chipotle puree' and blend. Strain through a medium mesh sieve (or food Mill) to remove skins and remaining seeds.
- Reheat soup over low heat. Season to taste with salt.
- Lightly fry Chiles a few seconds until just softened. Cut Chiles into thin strips. Put a slice of Cheese into each of 4 bowls. Laddle soup into bowls and top with Chile strips. Serve with soft or fried tortillas and sour cream.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating2 people
OMG...I see me springing this on the gang when they come over to watch the VOLS play football!! Printing this one now and saving it for then. (Probably make it for us the next time we have a chilly, rainy day!). Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Wowwowwow...you rock! I love everything about this recipe...it moves me. I must try! Gets my high 5...
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it