Roasted Corn SalsaFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 5 ears fresh corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh wild Morels, Chanterelles or other wild mushrooms shopping list
- 4 Tsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/8 cup Sun dried tomatoes finely diced with 1 Tsp of their oil shopping list
- 2 Large poblano peppers roasted, peeled, seeded, diced shopping list
- 2 Tsp marjoram minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic roasted, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce puree' (Available canned in the Mexican aisle of most grocery stores or see my post for a homemade version) shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp Sherry vinegar shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 3/4 Tsp kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cut Corn kernels from the cob. Heat a heavy skillet until almost smoking. Place no more than two layers of kernels in the pan at a time. Dry roast, tossing continuously, for about 5 mins until smoky and dark. Alternatively, remove all but the last layer of husk and grill the corn until it is lightly caramelized all around.. Cut kernels from the cob.
- Sautee Mushrooms in 1 Tsp of the Olive Oil until well cooked (about 10 Minutes) Mix Corn, Mushrooms, remaining oil and rest of ingredients together. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating4 people
This sounds killer good!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Outstanding recipe - I'll be making this very soon! Thanks, Jim hon... ;-)~~
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Sounds very good Jim. My husband makes an applewood smoked chicken that would pair nicely with your salsa. He is planning to smoke them again soon so this recipe will come in handy.
Thanks for the post. Have my 5!grandmommy in Nashville loved it