Angel Hair Pasta with Green Garlic Cream SauceFrom sexyhotmama 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick) shopping list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, small dice shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced green garlic (white and light green parts only) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pound angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends removed and thinly sliced on the bias (about 1 bunch) shopping list
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias (about 3 1/2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it foams, add onion and 1/4 cup of the garlic. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until onion is completely tender and the flavors have infused the cream, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and vegetables and boil, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and pasta is cooked all the way through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and vegetables, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return pasta and vegetables to the pot. Add sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons garlic, and pasta water. Toss to coat pasta and vegetables in sauce. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed; serve.
The Cooksexyhotmama The Sultry South
The Rating5 people
Lovely. I'm a big fan of asparagus and my kid is a big fan of creme style pasta. This would be a quick supper for her.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds wonderful. I too am an asparagus fan.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
You are making some really nice dishes. I love the snap peas and asparagus in this delightful Angel Hair dish.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!