Coconut Cream CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 large eggs separated shopping list
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground pecans shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup pecan pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream sugar and 1 stick butter.
- With mixer running add oil in a steady stream.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking soda together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ground pecans and mix.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to batter mixing well.
- Fold in 1 cup of the coconut.
- With mixer in large mixing bowl with clean beaters beat whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cake batter then pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake until center springs back when touched about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- After cakes have cooled invert onto sheets of parchment paper then set aside.
- With mixer in large bowl with clean beaters cream remaining butter with cream cheese.
- Add sifted confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla and milk then mix well and fold in pecans.
- Spread a thin layer of the frosting on top of each cake layer.
- Place layers of cake on top of each other and ice sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle top of cake with remaining coconut.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Meow,Meow!!!!!!!!What a (DELIISH) recipe I'm not much of a baker but giving this one a try.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
OMG, Speechless again, what are you doing to me, you have my 5 on this one too. Love it, great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Love coconut cake too, and this recipe is wonderful! Delicious!!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!