Coconut Cream CakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 large eggs separated shopping list
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground pecans shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup pecan pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream sugar and 1 stick butter.
- With mixer running add oil in a steady stream.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking soda together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ground pecans and mix.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to batter mixing well.
- Fold in 1 cup of the coconut.
- With mixer in large mixing bowl with clean beaters beat whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cake batter then pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake until center springs back when touched about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- After cakes have cooled invert onto sheets of parchment paper then set aside.
- With mixer in large bowl with clean beaters cream remaining butter with cream cheese.
- Add sifted confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla and milk then mix well and fold in pecans.
- Spread a thin layer of the frosting on top of each cake layer.
- Place layers of cake on top of each other and ice sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle top of cake with remaining coconut.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Love coconut cake too, and this recipe is wonderful! Delicious!!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
OMG, Speechless again, what are you doing to me, you have my 5 on this one too. Love it, great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Meow,Meow!!!!!!!!What a (DELIISH) recipe I'm not much of a baker but giving this one a try.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!