Hard Rock CandyFrom marges 6 years ago
- 4 cups of white sugar shopping list
- 1 one quart canning jar with a wide mouth shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups of boiling wter shopping list
- 1 kitchen knife dull, please shopping list
- 1 metal washer or big paper clip shopping list
- 1 piece of kitchen twine, butcher food safe, 8 inches long shopping list
- 1 pencil shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the sugar into the jar.
- Then pour in the boiling water slowly. Dip the knife in the water and stir well. Keep adding the hot water slowly and stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Tie your weight to one end of the string and tie the other end around the pencil.
- Put the pencil across the top of the jar and roll the string around the pencil until the weight is almost touching the bottom of the jar.
- Put the uncovered jar in a warm place and leave it alone for 2 to 3 days.
- Crystals will start growing on the string, on the jar and also on the surface of the sugar solution.
- Break up the crust each day so that the water can evaporate.
- When the water evaporates from the jar, more crystals will grow.
- When all the water has evaporated, you can eat the rock candy.
- Pull up on the pencil to remove the rock candy from the jar.
- With scissors, cut the weight and the pencil from the string.
- You can break off the little pieces of candy or eat the whole thing like a lollipop.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmarges Springfield, MO
The Rating7 people
A GOOD ONE THANKSminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I wish I had found your recipe last year. I made a bunch of Rock Candy for a friend because he had been given some licorice-flavored rock candy that was black in color. I couldn't find any online so I tried making it. (Add annise to the basic recipe ...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This is great. Rock candy is hard to find around here.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it