Caramel Pecan CandyFrom cheric 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup butter, divided shopping list
- 20 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed shopping list
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels shopping list
- 3 cups pecan halves, toatsed shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish (a 9-inch pie pan can be used, as well). Bake at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and remaining butter. Stir in the pecans. Pour over the crust. Cool.
- For topping, in a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Pour over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 1-inch squares.
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating4 people
Looks wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
What a great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I only came back for more! lol Cheric, I added a clearer picture of the candy for you from Taste Of Home. I guess I'm just going to have to make this! These will be perfect for my gift baskets. Thanks again for posting such a wonderful recipe here!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!