Portobello Mushroom BurgersFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- olive oil, extra virgin shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 large portabello mushroom cap per person shopping list
- 1 soft sandwich roll per person shopping list
- shredded lettuce shopping list
- sliced tomato shopping list
- sliced onion shopping list
- shredded gouda cheese shopping list
- Dressing:( for 6 rolls ), multiply as needed shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ( light or low fat is fine too ) shopping list
- 1 tsp dill weed shopping list
- 1tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- Prepare dressing: mix all well and chill. shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare dressing: mix all well and chill.
- To prepare burgers: wipe mushroom caps clean with damp paper towel.
- Brush each side liberally with olive oil.
- Season each side with garlic, salt and pepper.
- One may grill, broil or sauté the mushrooms till mushrooms release their juices and become softened and tender but not mushy.
- Baste with olive oil as desired .Do not over cook mushrooms .
- To prepare burgers, liberally spread the dressing on inside of each roll. Place on cooked hot mushroom, then cheese,( you want some of the cheese to melt ) lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.
- Top with other half of the roll.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Yummy, love those portabellos and this recipe sounds fantastic. Gotta try soon. Thanks for a great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Love this, can't wait to try them myself!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!